Sunday, April 5, 2015

Florabotanica by Balenciaga

My boots advantage card points have been burning a hole in my pocket recently, they're an excuse to splurge without actually having to spend anything. Florabotanica has been in the back of my mind for ages and decided it was high time to try it. I mean what says spring more than a floral scent? I had enough points saved to treat myself to a 50ml of the EDP (normally €67.50). 
Based on a garden filled with beautiful, strange and dangerous flowers - Everything about this perfume lures you in. The insanely beautiful packaging was designed by Nicolas Ghesquieres, the bottle is simple yet so striking. Photograph's really don't do it any justice. The fragrance itself is intoxicating, completely different to my usual vanilla based scents. AND the campaign is fronted by actress Kristen Stewart, one of my ultimate girl crushes.
It starts out slightly bitter, citrusy cut with wild mint but quickly settles into a light floral musk with the emphasis on the rose note. The rose in this instance is thorny and not that headache inducing powdery scent in most floral fragrances. The muskier notes are a combination of white amber, vertiver root and hemp leaves. 

Florabotanica is modern, edgy rose and I love it. 

I picked mine up here

No comments:

Blogger Template by pipdig