Monday, March 9, 2015

Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer | Review



I'm having a bit of a love affair with concealers of late. There are so many good ones on the market, both budget and high-end. In January, one of my favourite brands (Urban Decay) launched a new one and I just had to have it. 
I love Urban Decay because their shade range is so broad. There are 8 shades available currently, even catering for those paler than myself and let me tell you, that's a small minority. 
So the product itself?
Urban Decay claim that this concealer won't settle into fine lines thanks to an ingredient called Matrixyl 3000 which basically mimic's the breakdown of collagen causing your skin to react by regulating skin cell activity, producing more collagen and elastin - Sounds good doesn't it? Well it doesn't stop there.. It also contains Litchiderm which adds a moisturising element to the concealer and Japanese Green Tea extract to enhance the skins luminousity. Now they're some pretty hefty claims to make Urban Decay..
I must admit that while these ingredients all sound wonderful, I was slightly skeptical about the demi-matte finish. How can a product be matte and moisturising at the same time?
I picked it up about three weeks ago at an event in Debenhams and I must say, my current favourite: NARS radiant creamy concealer has had to take a backseat ever since.

 I just love the texture and consistency - It is really creamy, and the coverage like a lot of the Naked range is medium but very buildable, while still looking really natural once set in place. The Japanese Green tea extract does make it quite luminous and it acts as great under-eye highlight without creasing or caking throughout the day.
I love the packaging too, it looks just like a miniature bottle of the Urban Decay Naked Skin Liquid foundation which I am also trialing at the moment. It has a spoon like doe-foot applicator which ensures you get just enough product. 
I'm currently using the shade 'light warm' but will definitely pick up a shade lighter and one darker for all my skintone eventualities.
It is priced at €22 and available here.

No comments:

Blogger Template by pipdig