Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Bronze. Glow. Blush.


I feel like Urban Decay just get us pale girls, they know what we want and they always produce the goods. Another thing they get is palettes. This knowledge combined has lead to what I believe to be my favourite makeup product this year to date and in ten months that's quite the achievement.
 I'm talking about the original Naked Flushed Palette in 'Naked'. A medium, warmed toned satin bronzer teamed with a rose hued highlight and a plumy pink blush. While I don't often opt for pink tones, preferring more neutral colours for my cheeks normally I'm quite surprised by how much I find using the blush colour in this compact, a lot of it being down to the convenience of the palette and the fact the it is a deeper almost berry toned shade, I feel it's more wearable than most, very unoffensive and it will in suit most complexions. It's perfect for this time of year paired with a dark lip.
The compact similar in both style and size to that of the Naked Basics palette comes with a large mirror and what I can only describe as the most satisfying magnetic snap when you close it. 
The pigmentation as with all things Urban Decay is superb, second to none in fact. A little goes a long way and you can of course build up the colour to your hearts desire. The powders themselves are so finely milled that no matter how opaque you apply them you won't end up looking cakey and your chiseled cheekbones will be the envy of all your friends.
This palette is perfect for travel, not only do you have the convenience of having your contour, highlight and blush in a neat little compact but the highlight shade is perfect lazy days as it double as a single shade eye shadow. The packaging makes it very durable so will survive a few knocks and bumps without shattering.
Its quite affordable too, it is priced at €29 which when you consider you're getting 3 highly pigmented products it is nothing short of a bargain. I picked mine up in DebenhamsWith just 10 weeks left til Christmas, it would make a great gift, one I'd gladly receive. The 'Strip' palette is next on my hit list (mom in case you're reading this).

Have you tried any of the Urban Decay Naked Flushed Palettes? Would you recommend trying any of the other three?


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I got the coral one in Streak about a month ago and I absolutely love it! I keep it in my college/travel weekend makeup bag cause it's so compact and convenient to use. Love it :) x

LongHairAndLashes.blogspot.ie

Blogger Template by pipdig