Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Smoothie Bowl | Dessert for Breakfast

I am the worst person for eating breakfast. My stomach just doesn't function that early in the morning. My day generally starts off with a multivitamin and a cup of coffee which keeps me going until about 10:30 or 11. Then I'll have a banana or some corn cakes and peanut butter to take me through til lunch.
It's not a great way to start the day - I know! It's something I'm working on. My research and mild fascination with the vegan lifestyle led me to discover the beauty that is the smoothie bowl. I didn't lie when I said it's like dessert for breakfast. Smoothie bowls taste just like sorbet - packed full of fruit and topped with whatever your heart desires. 
Along with being all kinds of delicious, they kick start your metobolism. Your body has to work quickly, burning excess calories because the cold smoothie is a shock to the system first thing in the morning. Those of you familiar with slimming world will know what I'm taking about when I say that smoothie bowls are known for their "speed" properties.
I've been sharing my smoothie bowl ventures on instagram over the past few days and I'm getting loads of questions about them so I thought I would give you a run down of the basic smoothie bowl recipe I use - the flavour combinations are endless. You can add extra banana if you want your smoothie bowl to be creamier. Don't be put off that it isn't as liquidy as a normal smoothie. It isn't supposed to be, it's designed to be eaten with a spoon. 

No comments:

Blogger Template by pipdig