Thursday, June 5, 2014

Lush Jungle Solid Conditioner bar | Review

A lot of you will remember I reviewed the 'Seanik' Shampoo bar from Lush a while back. Well today I'm back to you with a similar product - a solid conditioner. I have to say knowing how good the shampoo bars are, I was still very skeptical about trying a solid conditioner. It couldn't possibly work as well a liquid one, could it?

It was a bit of a spur of the moment purchase if  I'm totally honest. I was placing an online order about six weeks ago and needed to add something else to my basket to avoid paying for shipping (as you do).  Its claim to "tame wild hair" was enough to convince me, god knows my over processed hair needs all the nourishment it can get..

  Jungle solid conditioner is made using a cocoa butter base and is crammed full of banana, avocado and fig to hydrate and condition. Along with kumquat and passionfruit to add shine. On first use I have to say I wasn't entirely impressed. After coming out of the shower and drying my hair, It appeared I had missed sections of my hair completely. My own fault obviously.. But it was difficult to get used to using it compared to your run of the mill cream conditioner. However, I was not going to give up straight away. 

I gave it another whirl and the difference was mind boggling. It controlled my frizz without the need to used any other product. My hair felt smooth, sleek and ultimately hydrated without being weighed down. The smell which is almost indescribable lingers in my hair for 2-3days and using it in conjunction with my 'Godiva' shampoo bar I am experiencing "third day hair" for the first time in my life. I have been using this combination for 6 weeks now and I am completely sold. Solid is the way forward.
Here's whats left of mine after 6 weeks (its little worse for wear - lets be honest)

*** On a side note, in relation to the 'Godiva' Shampoo bar, if you have purchased, are intending to purchase it. I recommend cutting it into two because there are chunks of butters in it and as a result mine has broken up into 4 pieces. Just a heads up ;)

They are priced at £6.50 (approx €9) and available from Lush stores or from Lush.co.uk 

Have you tried any of the Lush solid shampoo/conditioner bars? What do you think of them?

2 comments:

Agnes Sarosi said...

I will definetly try both of them! Thanks Rebecca!:))

Unknown said...

Awwww you definitely should!! Let me know you get on with them Agnes :) x

Blogger Template by pipdig