Tuesday, August 5, 2014

The Ultimate Powder Contour Duo?*

Being a self confessed queen of contouring, I love my Crown Brush concealer palette. It's perfect for a dramatic night time look but I wanted something more subtle for during the day. I was using the sleek contour palette and although I love the highlight powder, the contour was verging on the muddy side. 

While on the hunt for my 'go-to' day time contour, I was kindly gifted some bits from W7 to trial. It really couldn't have come at a better time and to say they've blown me away is an understatement. The quality of these products for the price is mind blowing. 
The Matte Bronzer Compact has taken up full time residence on my face since receiving it. It is completely matte, it isn't orange and it doesn't cake on top of my foundation. It feels silky to the touch and while it is perfect for during the day, it's very buildable. Ideal for anyone who is new to contouring or someone who isn't ready to embrace a cream contour. 
I was also sent some brushes to try out. Being a bit of a brush snob, Sigma are my brushes of choice. I've been be left out of pocket on more than one occasion after "investing" in high end brushes so when I find one that works for me, I rarely change it up. That being said, I was completely blown away with the brushes I was sent. The Face Blending brush has completely changed my opinion on branded brushes, it so soft and such a unique shape. The angle of the brush and the fact that the bristles are curved mean it fits under my "cheekbones" perfectly. Chiseling them in one quick sweep. It's narrow enough to use down the sides of your nose too and perfect for disguising a high forehead like mine if you want to rock a slicked back ponytail.
What surprised me most about the brush was the complete lack of fall out where the bristles are concerned, even after washing the brush. I haven't seen one loose hair - Success! It just goes to show that price doesn't always indicate quality in the beauty industry.

This pair combined is a match made in makeup heaven. The W7 brushes start at €1.49 and the Bronzer compact is a mere €1.99. You can pick W7 online from Cara Pharmacy where these products are regularly on SALE. They're practically giving the products away at full price. 

I may have a few W7 Designer Dupes of Cult Beauty products up my sleeves so be sure to keep an eye out for those in the coming weeks.


No comments:

Blogger Template by pipdig