Monday, July 28, 2014

July Monthly Favourites |

July has absolutely flown by.. To say it has been a product filled one is an understatement thanks the ah-mazing #CorkMeetup. I am completely overwhelmed and thought the best place to start would be with a monthly favourites to mention but a few of the products that I have been reaching for throughout the month.

Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip perfector in 04 'Petal Shimmer' - This is just a sample size version I picked up at the meetup but something I will definitely be repurchasing. As you well know, I'm not into gloss. I hate the gloopy, sticky feeling on my lips. This is different, it feels just like a balm with a sheer not too glossy finish. It smells and tastes like vanilla cupcakes and they called it a lip perfector for a reason. You get the ultimate 'you're lips but better' effect with this. Oh and your hair doesn't get stuck to it either!

Prada 'Candy' - I'm a bit of a perfume fiend. Recently I felt like a little splurge was in order and decided I needed a change. I picked this little beauty up. It's sweet but not overpowering with notes of caramel and vanilla over a woody base. Funny I chose this really, Viktor and Rolf's 'Flowerbomb' has been my signature scent for a few years now and people tell me it smells chocolatey when I wear it. What is it with me and foody fragrances? Smell it, trust me you won't regret it!

Benefit They're Real 'Push-Up' Liner - I've raved about this already in a review earlier in the month so I'm not going to go into a lot of detail let's just say I've been winging my liner up to the Lord all month! If you want to read my full review, it's here.

Eylure Volume 101 Lashes - I love lashes, nothing completes a look quite like them. I was so, so lucky to be sent some to try out (Thank you Barbara!). These ones in particular, they are revolutionary. Pre-glued, so there's no faffing around waiting for the glue to go tacky. You simply apply them and go. They don't budge for the night either, the corners didn't lift or anything. Even in this dead heat we're having. The best part of all though? Because you haven't applied the glue yourself the lashes are perfect to use again, mine are currently back in the packet, you'd hardly know I wore them Friday night. I think I'll dedicate a post to some of my favourite lashes, would you be interested?

Pixy Natural Lime Body Scrubs - I received one of these in a Powder Pocket Box recently and it was love at first Scrub. So much so that I repurchased them the very same day. They smell like sherbet and while gritty they aren't abrasive and you don't leave the shower feeling raw. I think that down to the fact that they are jam packed with Cocoa Butter. The guys at Pixy weren't lying either when they said that these are the best fake tan removers.. The tan just melts away!

Finally.. Not something I'd normally mention but it really works and if you don't already use it, it's only fair I share the discovery. Colgate 'Max white one' toothpaste. Random I know! I drink quite a lot of black coffee, too much in fact and have noticed a bit of staining on my teeth of late. I bought this tooth paste one day on a whim and I saw a difference almost straight away.. I've been using it for about 3 weeks now? And the stains have disappeared. It doesn't leave that chalky texture on your teeth either like some of the whitening brands do, my teeth feel squeaky clean. I won't be running out any time soon either, I picked up 3 spares while it was on offer in my local supermarket last week!

Whittling this down to 6 was so hard.. This really is just a glimpse into my favourite products for the month of July. It's been a great month product wise. Lets hope August lives up the my high expectations now..

Rebecca x

No comments:

Blogger Template by pipdig