Sunday, January 19, 2014

MUA Luxe Velvet Lip Lacquer | Review



Hello Lovelies,

I hope you're all having a great weekend. Sunday is definitely my favourite day of the week, one spent trialling new products and researching online. Today I come to you with a review of one of my stand out products of 2013. It comes in the form of the MUA Luxe Velvet Lip Lacquers.

Matte is like the beauty equivalent of marmite - you'll either love or you'll hate it. Personally I am a huge fan of the trend having rocked a matte gel manicure on more than one occasion. It was massive for A/W 13' and everyone wanted the perfect velvet complexion. 


I spotted these beauties on the MUA site when I was making my first purchase. My immediate thought was they were an identical dupe for the Lime Crime 'Velvetines' a product I had been lusting after for months. Unfortunately for us Lime Crime is not available in Ireland. At £3 each I just couldn't leave them behind. I picked up 2 shades.


Left is 'Reckless' and Right is 'Atomic'

 'Reckless' which is the perfect blood red with blue undertones which instantly makes your teeth look whiter and brighter. It has been my go to lip product over the festive season. I have rocked it at every given opportunity. 



'Atomic' was the second shade I picked up. On the online swatch it looked corally and I immediately thought of summer. On actual application it is a vivid orange which is even better. I LOVE it and cannot wait to rock it with a tan this summer.


They are uber pigmented and look so good on. You simply apply the with the doe foot applicator like you would with any other gloss, smack your lips to insure the product doesn't gather in places and leave it dry for a second and you're good to go.

What I will say about them is that they are not the product to wear if you're planning on a 4-course meal as excessive moisture will lead to the product crumbling on your lips. However if it a few drinks with the girls you're planning you won't need to reapply it any more than you would with regular lipstick or gloss.

Of course you can get the equivalent from the higher end of the market. Giorgio Armani's 'Lip Maestro' lip lacquer for example. However, I don't see the point in spending 7-8 times the price of the MUA version for the same end result. Do you? 

I am so obsessed with these little beauties, so much so I'll be purchasing the remaining 3 shades. They are available to buy here at £3 a piece. 

Are you pro or against matte? 




2 comments:

Silke said...

I love matte lips! I really want to try these! :)

GiveAPosy said...

They are such good quality! I'm so obsessed! <3

Blogger Template by pipdig