Friday, January 31, 2014

Haircare | Favourites

Hello Lovelies,

Can you believe we've reached the end of January already? This month absolutely flew. It feels like I have done absolutely nothing all month, which isn't necessarily true. It has definitely been a month of change for me anyway..

As many of you know I took the plunge early this month and chopped up all my hair into a "Lob" (Long Bob), getting rid of approximately 8 inches of it. For me it was a particularly big decision as I suffer from Alopecia brought on by stress mainly but there is a hereditary aspect to it too. For girls especially alopecia can be quite traumatic and I can't tell you how heartbroken I have been as a result of a "bad" haircut in the past. How shallow do I sound? 

I have to say a big Thank You to Olga in 'A Cut Above', Clonakilty for the amazing job she did. I really couldn't be any happier with it - It's exactly what I wanted! 



Because of this change I have invested more time than usual on hair care products  and I've decided to share a few of my favourite hair care products with you. So without further ado here is my January Hair Care Favourites.

Redken 'All Soft' Shampoo and Conditioner - approximately €30 per set available from feelunique
Yes, they are expensive and they are not something I would pick up for myself but they were a gift from my Gorgeous Godmother for Christmas. They are so luxurious and they make my hair feel incredibly smooth and sleek and the shine is like nothing I've ever experienced before. They are quite rich though, the conditioner especially. It is so thick, it's like an intensive treatment for my hair. I have noticed that over using these two can make my hair look almost greasy so I use them once every week to ten days.

In between washing with my Redken set I've been using L'oreal Elvive's new 'Fibrology' Shampoo and Conditioner. 


They are priced at approximately €5 each
These are L'oreal's latest and greatest in hair care magic containing Filloxane which expands the hair fibre. Not only did it leave my hair looking and feeling thick and healthy. It didn't weigh down my hair and left it full of body and bounce. Can you see the appeal yet? To top it all off it smells like blue raspberry bon-bons. LOVE <3 font="" nbsp="">


Carino Miracle Oil with Argan Oil - €5 approx 
I love hair oil and have a couple of different ones on the go at the moment. One I have really taken a shine to (pun intended) is this one from the Aldi brand Carino. I rub a drop or two between my palms and pull my fingers through the my hair avoiding the roots and paying special attention to the end after blow drying it. It leaves my hair silky smooth and frizz free AND it smells really good too.


Mane n' Tail Detangler - €12
I'm pretty lucky when it comes the tangly hair as I rarely suffer from it, however when I do I reach for this bad boy and will recommend it no end, especially to those of you with fine hair. Spritz it all over wet hair, comb it through and dry s normal. No more knots!! 


Batiste XXL Plumping Powder - €4
I picked this up a couple of months ago in Penneys but didn't get around to trying it until recently. I don't like to backcomb my hair a lot as it can break your hair but I do love me some volume at the root. This is foolproof and creates as much oomph as you like. They texture won't appeal to everyone but who cares what their hair feels like as long as it looks good? Not me! 


Babyliss Big Hair -  €59.99 available from Boots
I cannot finish this post without mentioning my hair care saviour. I literally don't know what I'd do or how I ever survived without this beauty. I've reviewed it here in more detail. I cannot dry my hair without running this through it a few times to finish even more so now that I have short hair. It adds volume and bounce and just makes me wanna *swish*


So there you have it, just a few of my haircare must haves. Do you use any of them or have you any product recommendations for my new shorter hair? Leave them in the comments below and I'll be sure to check them out! 

Rebecca x

Ps: I'll have my January favourites post up in the next few days :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your hair looks lovely and that's a great selection of products there. I got my own hair chopped quite recently and have been experimenting more as a result too.

GiveAPosy said...

Awww thank you Emma! I'm loving the lob at the moment. My hair is growing incredibly fast though, needs to be trimmed again! I saw you used heated rollers in yours recently. I must try them in mine :)

Blogger Template by pipdig