Thursday, September 19, 2013

Lush Shampoo Bar : Seanik | Review


We are very lucky in Cork to have one of the three LUSH shops in Ireland. Correct me if I'm wrong but as far as I know the other two are in Dublin and Belfast. I absolutely adore Lush and would highly recommend going in, even if it is just to sniff around. The smell in that shop really and truly can only be described as LUSH! It is on Oliver Plunkett street in Cork across from Carl Scarpa.

LUSH do not test on animals, use little or no preservatives or packaging making them one of the most environmentally friendly brands out there. All of their ingredients are ethically sourced and of the highest possible quality. If they say something is "Organic", they mean it. There is no fine print. You really do get what you pay for with this brand. As I have previous mentioned here, I am not somebody overly concerned about what I put on my skin but it's nice to know you don't have to worry about harsh chemicals. And the smell.. Have I mentioned the smell? Oh my.. 

Anyway, I'm sure some of you are wondering.. What the **** is a shampoo bar!? Well in a nutshell, it's solidified shampoo. Just like a bar of soap, only it's for your hair. I thought it was such a quirky product I just HAD to try it out for myself. This humble little bar may not seem like a lot but it is equivalent to three full size bottles of shampoo. I kid you not. They seem to just go on forever and priced €7.95 per bar you're saving yourself a tidy little sum. Each bar is suited to a different hair types and because they don't contain any nasty chemicals, they work wonders for coloured hair. 

How to: There are two methods for using the shampoo bars, either like you would with an ordinary bar of soap. Lather between your hands until it foams up and massage into your hair. Or my preferred method, rub the bar three or four times from the root down the length of your wet hair, massage in and rinse. My hair is quite long, it cuts off half way down my ribs and I really didn't need anymore than three or four swipes of the bar.


The bar I chose was called 'Seanik', and I chose for no other reason then it was the nicest smelling one in my opinion. It is made with Irish Moss and Nori Seaweed and smells utterly divine. Such a clean fresh fragrance. It also contains lemon juice to add some much needed shine and salt to give your hair that added little oomph. I was quite surprised by how well the product actually foamed up, I automatically presumed that because the product is so natural that it would be really hard to lather up but that really wasn't the case at all. My hair has never felt so clean after a shower and it was so soft, conditioning it was just an added bonus. 

I love so many LUSH products, but if I had to recommend any of them. It would most certainly would be the shampoo bars. I adore them! I have been completely converted. I coming to the end of my bar currently and will without a doubt be repurchasing it. 'Seanik' has become a hair care staple for me. 

As I mentioned previously, LUSH is not widely available in Ireland. But you can shop online as they do deliver to Ireland. Click here for a link to their website.

Have you tried any of LUSH's shampoo bars before? Would you recommend any of them?


2 comments:

handfulofstardust said...

Have you tried any other shampoo bars or conditioning bars? I recently ordered Seanik and Jungle but really want to try some more of them:)!

GiveAPosy said...

I actually have Jumping Juniper in my stockpile, I haven't gotten around to trying it out yet though! It smells so good though!! :D

Blogger Template by pipdig