Sunday, July 6, 2014

Benefit - They're Real 'Push-Up' Liner | Review


Growing up I was such a 'Benebabe' and for a long time the majority of my makeup bag consisted of purely Benefit  but I grew out of it and for a long time I hadn't purchased anything new from them other than the cult product that is the 'They're Real' Mascara (which admittedly I am still not completely sold on).

Well today I'm here to talk to about the latest addition to the 'They're Real' family and ever since I clasped eyes on it, I knew I had to have it. God only knows why because I can't wing out my liner to save my life. None the less I bought into the hype. It launched here in Ireland on the 25th of June. I picked it up straight and have been familiarising myself with it ever since..
So what makes it different to other gel liners you ask? Well for starters it comes in a twist up pen as apposed to the typical pot meaning it won't dry out quickly, you only dispense what you need. The blacker than black gel is dispensed out through a soft, flexible, silicone nib. A nib so thin that it gets right up into your lash line, not only are you defining your eyes you're actually giving the illusion of fuller, thicker lashes!! 

The formula of the liner itself is a little drier than others I have tried in the past, now this is not a bad thing by any means especially if you, like me are somewhat of an amateur when it comes to winged liner.  The consistency is, in my opinion PERFECT! Not too thick, not too runny. Matte and Jet Black.
Like any new product, it does take a little getting used to but I'm getting there - slowly but surely. The nib is great for beginners too as you really do get a far crisper line with it, it also takes the hassle out of having to wash a liner brush (which we all know is torturous). 

Like it's predecessor, once this liner is on, it will not budge. I mean hail, rain, or snow. Sun, sweat or tears it is going nowhere. With the release of the liner so too came the release of an eye makeup remover in the form of the They're Real 'Strip-down' Waterproof eye makeup remover. I like what you did there Benefit, with the names!

Being so sucked into the hype surrounding the liner I picked up the remover too. It's pretty basic if you ask me, an emulsifier type remover. Apply it directly to the liner, and wipe away with a soaked cotton pad. It does the same as any oil-based makeup remover and at €19.50 it was a waste of money on my part. Oh well, you live and learn as they say..

As for the liner itself? The hype is REAL! If you're willing to part with €25 it is well worth investing in. It's also on sale from Cara Pharmacy online here at a reduced price of €20 currently in their sale! You can thank me later ;)





No comments:

Blogger Template by pipdig