Tuesday, July 8, 2014

The Body Shop Vitamin E Eye cream | Review

As part of my long list of New Years resolutions I wanted to add an eye cream into my skincare routine. Apparently I should have done that 3 years ago.. Better late than never I suppose!
Now I don't suffer from particularly puffy eyes or dark circles thankfully. What I do have is quite dull, almost lifeless eyes when I wake up. That's not to say I'm not a morning person because for the most part I am (we all have our days). I may not actually be tired but I most certainly look it. The joys of being naturally pale eh?
I wanted a cream as opposed to gel formula as I felt it would soak in and my makeup would sit better on top of it. After doing my research I settled on The Body Shop's Vitamin E eye cream.
 It is common knowledge that Vitamin E is good for the skin. It is an antioxidant, antioxidants neutralize free radicals and prevent cellular damage. And vitamin E is one of the most powerful of them. Not only that but it helps penetrate moisture into the skin, reducing transepidermal water-loss. Along with Vitamin A and C, Vitamin E is vital in the production of Collagen which keeps the skin looking youthful. Collagen around the eye area is particularly important as the skin in that area is so thin, it makes disguising fine lines and wrinkles quite difficult. At only 21, I have fine lines around my eyes! 

I've been using the Vitamin E eye cream since February. Have I noticed a difference? Yes and No! My skin does look brighter, around my eye area seems to be almost illuminated. People have even commented that I look 'Chirpier' in the mornings which it most certainly an improvement. Will it help me look 10 years younger? No it won't, nor would I want it too. My fine lines haven't gotten any deeper from what I can see over the past few months.. This eye cream is definitely the prevention rather than the cure. 

I apply it twice daily, morning and night and will continue to do so. I am now of the opinion that next to sun cream, eye cream should be applied religiously - a complete convert! 
Eye cream should be applied to the orbital bone - the bone around the eye socket, along the cheekbone and up to your brow bone. Not on the lid as that can cause irritation, eye cream naturally migrates inwards towards the eye on its own.

 If you're in the market for an eye cream for dark circles I'd definitely recommend giving this one a go. It's reasonably priced at €12 per 15ml tube which is the standard size of an eyecream. A little goes a long way with it too.. You only need a small amount approximately the size of a grain of rice is enough per application. Like I said I've been using it twice daily since February and I'm still not finished the tube!

2 comments:

Jasmin Charlotte said...

I think everyone has the natural wrinkles around the eyes - they are a pain though! I've been using this as well and I do enjoy it. I found if you didnt use it for awhile it separated and goes a little funny - probably my own fault! I have moved onto a roller ball as it helps depuff the eyes in the morning! x

Jasmin Charlotte

Unknown said...

I find the same with my la roche posay effaclar duo. I don't use it all the time and when I go back to it, it needs a good shake because it has separated in the tube. x

Blogger Template by pipdig