Sunday, May 12, 2013

'Beauty Blender' dupe review

I've heard so much about these 'beauty blenders' of late I just had to give them a go for myself, see what all the fuss was about!

I searched high and low for one and what do you know? I couldn't find one anywhere! I knew I could buy one online but I just couldn't condone paying almost €10 for p&p for a sponge.. I mean how heavy can it be? So just as I was about to give up, I spotted a look-a-like in H&M! And as we all know "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" so I said I'd give it a go, for €2.95 I could hardly go wrong! I was always a brush girl myself and a sponge is a sponge at the end of the day so if I didn't like it so be it! It wasn't gonna break the bank!




The sponge I got has a flat end and a tapered end. The flat end is for buffing the foundation into the larger area's of your face such as the cheeks and forehead. The tapered end then is for getting into the creases, such as around the nose and just under your eyes. Or what I found it particularly good for was for applying concealer! 





Basically what you do is dampen the sponge with warm water and squeeze any excess out, then because the sponge is damp it won't soak up the foundation (meaning you won't have to use as much, meaning you will save money!)  and allows the product glide onto the face with ease - leaving you with a flawless complexion! Everything looks so light and natural, almost airbrushed in seconds! This coming from someone who has acne prone skin has to be a good thing! 

I don't know what it is about the sponge that I like so much, maybe it the fact that its bigger than the normal ones, you feel like you have slightly more control over it!? Maybe its because I've seen one too many girls who don't buff their foundation in properly and have bristle marks on their faces!? (the reason I use a stippling brush). Or perhaps it was the price!? 

What I do know is that this is what I will be applying my makeup with for the summer months! It's effortless!!


Story of my life.

 The 'Beauty Blender' dupe is perfect for recreating the "natural" look that so popular with men of our generation.. Little do the know how long that look takes to pull off! At least with this little weapon it'll speed things up - even if only slightly ;)

No comments:

Blogger Template by pipdig