Saturday, July 13, 2013

Barry M Hi-Shine Gelly Nail Paint | Review

Hope you're all having a fab weekend! I'm back again today with a mini review for you. So during the week I started getting an urge to bite my nails and I always find painting them helps to curb that. So I decided to give the Barry M Hi-Shine Gelly Nail Paint a go! 
The colour I used was a bright almost to the point of almost luminous Orange in the Shade 'Mango 322'. I got it as a pick me up for having to remove my Gelish while in hospital and I have to say it was a very similar shade to the one I had on ('Tiki Tiki Laranga' by Gelish).



Down to the Nitty Gritty..

The Polish itself was extremely thick and to be totally honest kinda goopy! Something that you have to work really quickly with so you don't end up with a big mess.. In saying that, it does dry really fast which a plus if you're rushing ( i.e if you've completely forgotten to paint your nails before a night out). It is quite an opaque polish so 2 coats and you're good to go! As for durability? Because I was getting my nails done today I didn't bother with a top coat and it really doesn't need one. It says it is "Hi-Shine" and they really weren't lying.. the shine is phenomenal! I had it on for 2 days and I'm on a computer all day in work, it didn't chip in the slightest!! 

The only downfall? The one and only fault I could find with this polish was actually trying to get it off this morning. It was an absolute nightmare!! I used the supervalu own brand nail varnish remover (which contains acetone) and I literally soaked the cotton pad in it.. I took me about 15-20 minutes to get it off and when I say off, there were still little spots of colour around my cuticles that wouldn't budge. 

All in all? For the price (€5.99 in boots) I'd definitely give them another go.. I mean I have tried a few high end polishes which would not get a look in on the durability side of things and the colour pay off is brilliant. The range of colours in the collection is filled with some of the hottest colours for the summer months including; 'Dragonfruit' which is a pink/coral and 'Greenberry' a Tiffany Blue colour or for the less daring.. 'Lychee' a gorgeous nude. I'll be heading back to boots shortly to pick these 3 up.. While we have the weather ;)

Have you tried any Barry M nail paints before? What do you think of them?

P.S: As some of you may know from either Facebook or from my previous blog post.. I started my 'Brisa Lite' treatment today. Make sure to stay tuned if you're interested in trying it as I'll be doing regular blog posts and updates on my progress throughout the course of my treatment.

No comments:

Blogger Template by pipdig