Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Maybelline Colour Tattoo 24HR | Review





As you all may have noticed from previous blog posts etc. I'm big into eye makeup and nothing beats the classic smokey eye. Whether its a bold black or an eye popping purple you really cannot go wrong! Now creating these looks can take time and effort and that's fine if you have plenty of it.. But what if you don't?

Well I may just have found the product for you.. It comes in the form of the Maybelline Color Tattoo 24HR cream gel eyeshadows. They come in 12 different shades and are widely available around Ireland. I picked mine up in boots when they were doing a 3 for 2 offer (€7.49 each).
The pots are jammed full of product and will last absolutely ages. 



Now I must admit I was a bit skeptical about trying these as I was never one for gel eye shadows as I always found that they would crease throughout the day. This is not the case with these babies, they are heavy duty, long wearing eyeshadows. 'Tattoo' being the optimum name for them as they literally will not budge!!

They can be applied sheer for a light daytime look or you can build them for an intense nighttime look! Because of their a creamy consistency, they are really blend-able and make brilliant eyeshadow primers. They can be applied with your fingers (working the colour from the inner corner out) or using a brush ( I wouldn't recommend using one of your best eye shadow brushes though as like I said they are heavy duty).

Like I said I picked up 3 shades, all shimmery!






'Eternal Gold' - a glistening gold colour, the least pigmented of the 3 but I bought it to use as a base for with my Naked2 palette and it works like an absolute treat!

'Pink Gold' - a Rosey Gold colour that is bang on trend at the moment. I'm a big fan of it myself, someone give me a Korsy!  Add a little brown shadow to the outer corner of your eye and you have a really unique smokey look that will take you from day to night!

'On and On Bronze' - My favorite of the 3, is a beautiful bronze that needs nothing but a sweep of mascara and you're good to go! I have blue/green eyes and it just makes them look almost turquoise in the daylight and hey? Who doesn't want to look like a bronzed goddess in this weather? I will get so much use out of this one as bronze is my fall back colour and I wear it from one end of the year to the next!

I hope this helps and if you've used any of the Color Tattoo's I'd LOVE to hear how you use them!? Would you recommend any of the other shades?

You can now follow me on Bloglovin'

No comments:

Blogger Template by pipdig