Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Liner | Review



If I could give you one piece of advice, it would be that if you are not one to wear gel eyeliner on a daily/regular basis or are a beginner then do not go out and buy an expensive one. I, myself did in the beginning and it was the biggest waste of money I have ever spent!!

M.A.C 'Fluidline' was the first gel liner I bought and don't get me wrong it was lovely, really pigmented and lasted all day on but I found it dried up quite quickly when I wasn't using it and I had to dump after 3 or 4 months - absolutely disgusted after paying about €19 for it..


Maybelline's gel eyeliner on the other hand is fabulous, I've had it about six or seven weeks now and I find myself picking it over my kohl pencil time and time again. It is like silk in texture and is as pigmented as the MAC liner without the price tag. It is blendable making it a great base for a smokey eye and once it is set will not smudge or smear during the day. It is safe to use on the water line and lasts as long as any waterproof liner.
You get a brush with the pot of gel which is great, although it is a bit big for my liking. I personally prefer to use my Sigma E05 brush simply because of the pointed tip, I find it gives a more precise line and over all it is easier to use especially for amateurs like myself.

It comes in four shades but being honest, I have yet to find anything but '01 Intense Black'. Which is a shame because I'd love, love, LOVE it in brown too.. And if this is the one and only fault I have, then I really have nothing to complain about. It is available in Boots stores nationwide for €11.99 or if you're cute like me, you'll wait for one of their 3 for 2 offers!!


Now to get practicing some of these amazing looks..

No comments:

Blogger Template by pipdig