Sunday, August 11, 2013

Maybelline Eyeliner-Matic | Review


So this is going to be one of quite a few reviews that you guys have requested. Maybelline? A brand I have only recently truly discovered since I started blogging. It was never one of the brands I reached for in chemists etc. and I have been really loving it, I have praised quite a few of their products over the past few months and I have no doubt I'll have plenty more good things to say about the brand in the future. Unfortunately.. This is where the praise ends in this post.To say I do not like this liner is a bit of an understatement to be totally honest. 

Basically, it is a retractable eyeliner pencil with a sharpener. All sounds fine, right? Wrong. It comes in one colour, "Intense Black". This really was the start of my dislike for the product, I like options. I have blue eyes, I like a brown liner! Makeup and clothes are two completely different things. Yes, one size may fit all, but one colour by no means suits all.

 I swatch'd it in the chemist and it seemed alright, just like any other black liner.I took it home and it actually kind of hurt my eyes while I was applying it.So if you have eyes that are in any way sensitive or eyes that water easily - This is NOT the product for you. You will end up making a big watery mess of your eye makeup. When it was applied, it was nowhere near the "Intense Black" you are being promised, almost sheer. I think I got maybe an hour before it had completely worn away to a point where it was like I had never applied it at all. The sharpener? Don't even bother, you'll just end up making a mess. It is a waste of time and eyeliner.

I think it's safe to say I was not impressed. Will I be repurchasing it? Eh..NO! I'll be sticking to a plain ole Kohl pencil - in BROWN!! The likes of Model Co, Bourjois or gosh are all safe bets when it comes to liner. Don't worry Maybelline, we all make mistakes. I won't give up on you that easily. 


P.s: Like I have mentioned previously, if there is a product you would like my opinion on, please don't hesitate to ask. I am by no means a makeup artist or an expert for that matter but what I can guarantee is a brutally honest opinion!

No comments:

Blogger Template by pipdig